When it comes to finding peace and tranquility on the water, there’s nothing quite like the experience of paddling a classic canoe at sunrise when the fog is just beginning to lift off the water. Coming in at under 11 pounds, the Oryx provides that same experience in a backcountry and travel setting. With the Cargo Fly internal storage system standard, it’s also built to take all of your gear for a multi-week expedition on long flatwater rivers.
The Oryx is narrower and longer than the raft inspired Forager and features two specialized ergonomic seats that allow the paddlers to sit upright like a classic canoe. The high seating position is ideal for all day seating comfort, putting in miles, and relaxing while fishing or wildlife watching. The Oryx is also the fastest flatwater boat hull. Experienced whitewater canoeists will be able to run up to Class II+ whitewater with ease in the Oryx, but the Forager is a much better multi-person whitewater packraft.
Due to the seating configuration, the Oryx is best paddled with a canoe style paddle. However, it can be paddled by a single stern paddler with a kayak paddle so that the front paddler can fish, take pictures, make lunch, etc. Therefore, we recommend the Aquabound Shred-Apart 240cm paddle with the Oryx.
- Shape: Cargo Hull
- Tube Diameter: 13.1-inch
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: 4 bow grab loops, 2 stern grab loops, 4 single D-rings, and 1 bow handle
- Seating: Custom fit mushroom seat for rear paddler and touring seat for front paddler
- Build Configurations: Open
- Cargo Fly: Standard (Internal dry bags sold separately)
- Materials: Proprietary 210-denier high count nylon hull and 840-denier ballistic nylon floor (Made in USA).
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit
- AQUASEAL WARNING: Using the Aquaseal in the repair kit will expose you to toluene, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Sizing and Specifications
|Exterior Length||129in | 328cm|
|Exterior Width||41in | 104cm|
|Interior Length||74in | 188cm|
|Stern Interior Width||15.5in | 39cm|
|Bow Interior Width||14in | 36cm|
|Weight*||10.8lb | 4.90kg|
|Packed Size**||19x8.25in | 48x21cm|
|Max Capacity***||800lb | 363kg|
*Weight includes all components except inflation bag, repair kit, and internal dry bags for Cargo Fly.
**Packed size is a reference measurement based on folding each lengthwise edge of the boat to the center and rolling from the bow. There are many other methods of rolling and folding the boats that will result in a different packed size that may be more or less efficient for packing depending on the situation.
***Max Capacity is the maximum total weight (paddlers and cargo) that the boat can reasonably carry in flatwater under ideal conditions. Actual capacity for any given trip will vary widely based on the paddler’s skill and water conditions.