Rarely does backcountry skiing in Alaska simply involve a day on skis. You might take a stroll through the woods on an early season day to get above treeline, hop boulders on your way up to a thin summer ribbon of snow or grovel waist deep in a powder-filled couloir too. And sometimes you just have to huck your skis and boots onto your pack for a weekend of fall glacier skiing. Whatever you do and wherever you go, the Spectre will help you slay every snow condition at a gossamer pack weight!
For a boot this stiff and walkable, it didn't seems like there was much room for improvement. However, this redesign was aimed squarely at the down. They are 5% stiffer at the same weight, making them the lightest, with widest walk mode range, that we6've found! With a skeletonize carbon-reinforced cuff and a thicker band under the cuff rivet, the boots give you an airy progressive flex so you're not skiing with your shins against a brick wall. Plus, with the trend toward DIN-certified touring bindings, the Spectre is now compatible with all certified frame and tech bindings for consistent release!
Sportiva also knows not to fix what isn't broken, so the Spectre uses the same pin-style walk mode for a full 60-degree fore/aft rotation and a three preset adjustable forward lean, between 10, 14 and 18 degrees. And for that buttery hiking boot walking feel, La Sportiva developed the EZ-Flex tongue with an accordion-style gusset at the ankle, and an EZ-Flex liner that flexes at the ankle and is fully thermo-moldable! We6'll throw it in the oven and then let it mold to every bump, scratch, hot spot and bunion you might have, so you won't spend your day thinking about your feet: only about how to navigate that touchy wind-scoured couloir you're about to shred.
- Weight is 6 lb 6 oz (2,890 g) in Mondo size 27.5
- Available in Mondo size 25-31.5 (Men6's US 7-13)
- Wide 102.5 mm last
- Shell and tongue made with Grilamid and Pebax cuff
- Carbon-reinforced Grilamid vertebra around the cuff
- 115 flex (5% stiffer than the original Spectre)
- 60-degree fore/aft walk mode rotation
- Tech toe and heel inserts
- Toe and heel went reinforcements for A/T frame bindings
- Fitting Indicator System for easy step-in
- EZ Thermo Liner is heat-moldable
- Four buckles and a velcro power strap
- Pin-in-steel ski/walk mode
- EZ Flex accordion tongue gusset
- Aluminum pin-style buckles stay in place when loosened for walk-mode
- Adjustable forward lean to 12-, 14- and 16-degrees
- Adjustable cuff alignment
- Low friction adjustable cuff rivets
- Reinforcements on lower shell to increase flex and progressive ski feel
- Vibram rubber sole